Joanna Zathey – Wójcińska
Joanna Zathey-Wojcinska graduated with honours from the I. J. Paderewski Academy of Music in Poznan, where she had studied piano with Prof. G. Kurzynski. She also completed two-year post-graduate studies in chamber music with Prof. Dora Schwarzberg at the Accademia di Musica in Pinerolo, Italy. She perfected her skills in piano and chamber music with renowned pianists and violinists, such as Werner Bartschi, Bruno Canino, Nelson Goerner, Paul Gulda, Wlodzimierz Obidowicz, Maria Szwajger–Kulakowska, Andrzej Tatarski, Pierre Amoyal, Ana Chumachenko, Robert Kabara, Herman Krebbers, Wolfgang Marschner, and Roman Totenberg.
She performed at music festivals, such as „Talents’ Week” in Tarnow, Musical Spring in Poznan, International Festival of Arts Words „Verba Sacra” in Poznan, South Wielkopolska Festival, and All-Polish Festival of Competition Laureates “Silesia” in Katowice. She accompanied participants of summer master classes (in Zagan, Krzyzowa, and Lancut) and participated in the series of concerts “After the Wieniawski Competition” with the laureates of the 13th International H. Wieniawski Violin Competition. She toured Austria, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, France, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Slovakia and Italy (in the Polish Institutes in Paris, Sofia and Vienna, in the Polish Embassy in Prague and many other sites). In 2011 she performed with Jaroslaw Nadrzycki (violin) at the Ohrid Summer Festival Macedonia.
In 2009, in cooperation with the flutists Ewa Murawska and Ashildur Haraldsdotir she recorded contemporary Polish and Icelandic music (issued by Acte Prealable).
She is a laureate of numerous competitions:
- 1st Prize of Contemporary music in Krakow in 2001 (category: duet)
- 3rd Prize at the International Friedrich Kuhlau Flute Competition in Ülzen (Germany) in 2003 (category: trio)
- 1st Prize and the Special Prize „Premio Mozart” at the National Competition of Performing Arts in Riccione (Italy) in 2004 (category: chamber ensemble)
- 1st Prize l’Unanimite at the International Music Competition UFAM in Paris in 2005 (category: chamber ensemble).
- Joanna Zathey-Wojcinska was the official pianist at the 13th International H. Wieniawski Violin Competition in Poznan in 2006 and at the 1st International Violin Competition “Karol Szymanowski In Memoriam” in Torun in 2007.
She earned more than 20 honourable mentions for piano accompaniment at violin competitions, in which she participates with pupils and students, and which were organised in such cities as Gdansk, Krakow, Legnica, Lodz, Poznan and Vilnius. She cooperates with the Music Academy and music schools in Poznan. Her repertoire includes the piano parts of all the important violin works, as well as flute and clarinet pieces.